Wednesday 26 December 2012

Sock Monkey Party




Isaiah's First Birthday Party! Sock Monkey Theme 
In less than 2 weeks my baby will be turning 2 years old. I have started to get ready for his 2nd birthday party however, I must admit I'm not nearly as organized this year as I was last year. Last year I started making sock monkeys in August (his birthday is January 8th). So I thought in Honour of Isaiah's upcoming birthday I would post about his first birthday. 

Some Background Info:
 We chose sock monkey because when I was 9 months pregnant my father in-law gave me a cute little sock monkey for the baby. He said he had been given one as a baby. He then gave both his sons Mark & Paul sock monkeys when they were young. He thought it would only be appropriate that his new grandson should have one as well. Sock monkey was a perfect choice for our little boy's first birthday!  

Picture by Captivating Life Photography: http://captivatinglifephotography-mlg.blogspot.ca/


The Display:  Sock monkeys that belong to Isaiah, his daddy, uncle and Grandpa. The oldest monkey being 50 years old and the youngest a year. Mark built the "Number One" for Isaiah. We also had on display a small toy box he was given when he was born. 


Another Shot of the "display" so you can see the pretty colours (Brown, red & white were the colours used for the party). Handmade "Isaiah" banner. 



"Vintage" toys. This dump truck belonged to Isaiah's Grandfather. This was the toy box he was given as a baby from friends of the family. The top was given to Isaiah for his first Christmas from Papa and Grandma. 


The handmade invitation for the party. Also Papa's Sock monkey (Now 50+ years old). This monkey was the inspiration of the party. 


I even painted my nails in honour of the theme 


I made the cake out of homemade fondant. The cake topper I made out of clay 


The Homemade Cakes. The little one was Isaiah's "smash cake" (The cake toppers were made of clay and serve as a nice keepsakes on a shelf in his toy room). 


The Spread! Banana Pudding Cups. Grandma's Cookies. Homemade Banner & Table cloth. 

More Food Pictures! 

Classic Coke to go with the Vintage theme 



The Candy Bar! We had tiny brown paper bags people could use to take their candy. I tried to pick vintage styles of candy.



Candy and of course Banana Chips for all those monkeys! 


Favours for the Kids hand sewn. Scarves were made by my friend Erin Moore. Monkeys were placed in our classic radio flyer red wagon. 


Spending time with Auntie Jenna 



Ball Pit Fun! I picked this ball pit up at a garage sale in the summer for $15. Kids LOVED it. Purchased his cute shirt on Etsy from Mimi Smith http://www.etsy.com/people/mimisbabies 


CAKE TIME

Picture with Mom & Dad 


Opening some gifts. Notice the sock monkey socks??? I found those at Old Navy 

Party Hats made out of Bristol Board and stationary dots. (We used those dots to add polka dots to everything at the party. cups, hats, balloons, table cloths etc.)


Gift from Mom & Dad. A vintage fire truck we got from Sears. 

Play Time 






It was a wonderful day! Special Thanks to Captivating life Photography for helping us remember this special day. http://captivatinglifephotography-mlg.blogspot.ca/ 





























1 comment:

  1. Lovely theme idea for this birthday bash!! Gratitude for sharing these party pictures here. Well, I also need a few outdoor girlish birthday party inspirations. My daughter wants an outdoor party at some local Seattle venues but is not sure about any theme yet. If you have suggestions, please share here.

    ReplyDelete